HTN

Hypertext narrative.

Hypertext narrative.

A hypertext narrative by

Kim Bardier

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 2112

Choice count: 29

Section count: 20

Image count: 20

Error count: 8

Field Related Analysis

Education : 48 matches

(cat, choice, diploma, down, first, games, head, p, project, school, specific, vacation)

Business : 34 matches

(company, employee, factory, meeting, money, offer, office, paid, pay, pressure, request, salary)

Web development : 29 matches

(call, create, drop, join, object, open, path, position, read, request, return)

Target Structure: (4 matches)

internship (6 matches)

retirement (4 matches)

thoroughly (2 matches)

vacant position (1 match)

Next

Hypertext narrative.

The first call.

Last week, I put my CV in a cabinet to be a carpenter. Yesterday, I received a call from the human resources department about my CV. They ask me some questions to be sure that I was the right person to fill the vacant position of a carpenter at a large international company.​ We were talking during 1 hour. I need to take a difficult choice. The human resources suggest to me to do an internship in India during 1 year, with 12 weeks of vacation and I will be paid 5 times my salary. I have my boyfriend and my family here. I can also stay and work in Quebec without any more advantages.

Choice 1 : Accept the offer and go do an internship in India

Choice 2 : Refuse the offer and stay in Quebec

hard choice

In India.

I tell my boyfriend about my decision. He was so happy for me! He always supported me in all my project. 8 months have passed and I'm an official cabinetmaker journeyman in India. I also adopted an old cat for not to be alone when I am at home. During my shift today, one of my colleagues of cabinet tell me than I'm cute, and he wants to invite me to eat at the restaurant tonight. He also will pay for me, and he has a surprise for me.

Choice 1 : Accept the invitation

Choice 2 : Refuse the invitation

a modern restaurant in India

In Quebec.

I choose to rest to Quebec. I will be paying $20 per hour. I agree with that. I can see my family and my friends when I want. 2 weeks after the beginning of my internship, a man enter the cabinetry with his tools. He come over me, put me aside and take my place. He climbs on the workbench and, he says, "It's not because I retire I can't work!" He comes down from the workbench and, he gives me 2 choices : I retire and he can resume his workbench, or he was going to blow up the cabinet.

Choice 1 : I retire and I go see my boss

Choice 2 : I stay behind the workbench

a cabinetry

A mysterious man.

At the end of the day, my colleague gives me the address of the restaurant. It is an hour away. We didn't want to do the road alone, so he comes to pick me up at my permanent apartment. I am stress thoroughly during the whole trip. My colleague did not say a single word. He always checks around him. I really don't know why I accept. Arriving at the restaurant, it's all dark inside and I don't have the impression that there are people. Do I ask him to change place to eat?

Choice 1 : Asked to change place to eat

Choice 2 : Enter the restaurant without asking questions

a weird man

CAUTION.

I refuse the invitation from my colleague. He takes my furniture that I spent 2 weeks working on, and he throws it to the ground. He is really angry. My boss want to talk to me in his office. He wants to know why the other carpenter reacted like that?

Choice 1 : Say what happened

Choice 2 : Request that my colleague be invited to the meeting

a man brokes a furniture

A good boss.

I go to see my boss and I tell him the situation. He is sorry for what happened to me. He laid off this old man because he is not able to work seriously, and he was missing a lot of the working day. I understand what happen now. The boss tells me then I can take another workbench to finish my internship, and he offered me $150 for what happened.

Choice 1 : Tell him then I'm not interested

Choice 2 : I accept the offer

a workbench with tools

Bang!

This is my worst decision of my life. I stay behind the work bench and the old man takes out of his tools' bag a round object with a time indicator on it. Everybody panics. He puts the object on his workbench, and he runs to the door. Everybody follows him. 3 minutes after everyone has left the factory we heard an explosion. We have all understood that nothing in the factory is good now. We have to start all over again.

Choice 1 : Go back home

a burning factory

Finally, it does not end so well.

I ask him to change the place for eat. He tells me that he takes me home and that he will go to his place to go to bed. The return took 1 hour and 30 minutes and my colleague did not say a word again. I am so afraid! I returned home safe and my colleague left for his home. When I entered in my house, I realized that it was 11 p.m., I need to go to sleep to be able to work tomorrow morning. When I lay down in my bed, I see that my sleeping cat. I decide to take him in my arms but I realize that he's dead because he is so soft and I immediately felt he was not breathing. He was 9 years old. I'm sad because it's only been 2 months since I had it. I'm going to adopt a cat, less old to keep it as longs as possible, this week to reduce my grief. I need to go sleep. I work tomorrow morning. Good night everybody!

Choice 1 : The first call.

The end

In the restaurant.

When we arrived in the entrance of the restaurant, there were lots of balloons everywhere. My coworker laughs but I don't know why, and he doesn't want to tell me the reason for his laughing. I understood the reason for his laughing when I see my family in the dining room applauding me when I entered the room. At the same moment, I see all my cabinetmaking colleagues get up and applaud in the back of the room. My boss comes to me with a gift in his hands. This is my internship diploma to prove my good work and I can also go back here anytime to work. My boss is the person responsible for all this and I thank him so much for this magical moment. Now, it's time for the party!

Choice 1 : The first call.

Birthday

Lie at his boss.

I say thoroughly the truth to my boss. I refuse the invitation from this colleague, and he is angry, so he breaks my furniture. My boss understands what happen, and he wants to invite the colleague to clarify the situation. When he entered the office, he took the chair, and he throws it on my head. I fell to the ground and I wake up 3 hours later in the hospital. I need to be under surveillance during 4 more days before go back at my work. On my cellphone, I have a missed text from my boss. He is so sorry for what happen to me. He didn't fire this bad employee. My boss asks me to rest in India to finish my internship or I can return to Quebec to have a better recover.

Choice 1 : Stay in India

Choice 2 : Return to Quebec

Hospital

A dishonest employee.

I ask the boss if the colleague, Jimmy, can come here to clarify right now what happen. When he entered the office, he began automatically to speak. I realize then he lies during his speech! I try to remind him the real things, but he doesn't want to understand my version, and he gets angrier. The boss says then we can quit the factory and go back at our home to relax this hard day. I quit the factory after Jimmy because when I go to my vehicle, his car was not there. I will play all the rest of my day to play video games. I need to relax a lot. Good night everybody!

Choice 1 : The first call.

Animal crossing Video Games

The last step.

I tell my boss that I am not interested in having another workbench in this factory and I don't want to take the money because I have been terrify and my only need it's to back home. I need to relax and trying to think about my career. I have to leave this factory as quickly as possible for my security. I will go out with my friends tonight to change my mind. Good night everybody!

Choice 1 : The first call.

bowling

The good choice.

I accept the offer from my boss. I have my new workbench and I have the money that my boss had promised me. I rest in this factory until my retirement because no one wanted to create more chicane and the old man are in the prison for 10 years. 40 years later, I need to take a big decision for my retirement. I can go on an entire retire of a partially retire.

Choice 1 : I choose an entire retire

Choice 2 : I choose a partially retire

Retirement choice

Probably a good end.

After the explosion, everybody is sad and each person goes home. A few days later, I'm invited to join a group on Facebook. This group brings together all the cabinetmakers from the factory that burned down. Someone came up with the idea to create a gofundme and everyone must actively participate to support the factory and our boss.

Choice 1 : Support the factory

Choice 2 : Don't support the factory

gofundme

A bad wounded in India.

This is the worst recovery ever of my life! 2 months after my operation, my wounds are seriously infected and I need to go to Quebec to have an operation. During the travel with the nurses, I fell on the floor and I passed out for 30 minutes. They could revive me. Arrived at the hospital to Quebec, they bring me to a specific room to have a surgery. I hope it's going to be alright. Good night everybody!

Choice 1 : The first call.

emergency

A good wounded in Quebec.

My recovery lasted 8 months after my arrival home to be 100% restored. My boyfriend helps me a lot to do my tasks. After this recovery, I can do whatever I want like go work in a factory or return to the school. For now, I will relax with my friends and I hope that I will not live this again in my life. I will be more secure the next time.

Choice 1 : The first call.

recovery

My complete retirement.

This is the best path I could take in my life. I play golf 3 times per week and I can see my 5 grandchildren. I also go walk with my new friends and play cards with them. We sometimes play to petanque and chess. I read a lot of books, mostly Stephen King. I have a lot of time to do what I want at my pace. I have a big garden in my backyard, my dream was fulfilled!

Choice 1 : The first call.

a garden

A bad ending.

I have chosen to take a partial retirement because I love my work but I want to have more time to spend with my family and my hobbies. I try to knit, I read a lot of books and I keep the big dog of my daughter every weekend. Suddenly, I have a pressure on my chest and I fell on the floor. I died of a heart attack.

Choice 1 : The first call.

heart attack

A campaign that pays off.

I have chosen to help my coworker because they are always here for me during my time for the company and I can't drop them. We create a gofundme for the factory and this campaign brought in $2 million! This is so big for the factory. We go at our boss house to give the big check. He is so happy, we save the cabinet factory. The constructions can last between 4 and 8 months. We have to be patient and this falls we can go backs to our factory and continue the good work we were doing.

Choice 1 : The first call.

a lot of cash

A personal choice.

I decide to concentrate my energy to myself and I try to open my horizons and more practice my hobbies. I decide to not help my ex coworker because I need to find another factory because I want to stay in cabinetmaking but my boyfriend and I decide to move outside. I have to go start filling the boxes for the move. Good night everybody!

Choice 1 : The first call.

move

Comments